Monday, December 20, 2004

Could life be any better? All the Christmas shopping is done and the presents wrapped (with the help of the wife of course). And to top the weekend off, I got to watch the Jaguars beat up on the Packers in Green Bay in the cold. Let's not fool ourselves folks... Jacksonville was the far more physical team. I feel that for years I watched Jacksonville be pushed around by more physical teams (like the Titans) and it sucked so it is nice to watch them get nasty and be the bullies. "Brett Favre throws a touchdown against us, we send one of your receivers to the hospital". I'm not advocating overly violent play, but it was awesome to see Donovin Darius just lay out whichever Green Bay receiver that was. They got fifteen yards out of the play, so quit bitching!

I keep hearing about the "assault on Christmas" that is happening. I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary. There is a big ass Christmas tree in the lobby of the building where I work, and there was a huge Santa's village in the mall. The only thing unChristmas like in Miami is the 70 degree weather.

2 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Go Jaguars! I didn't get to see the game, but it sounds like it was awesome. I would have loved to see the Jags take down Favre (and clothesline the Favre-loving commentators as well!).
Well, the assault on Christmas is undoubtedly the next step in the religious right's plan to take over the US. Having used the gay marriage demon to the fullest extent, they have to claim that people are threatening Christmas ("John Kerry would've taken your child's Red Ryder BB gun away!"). Let me tell you, there is no threat to Christmas here in Jamaica - I heard a radio spot yesterday promoting a call-in program: "Islam...Buddhism...Hinduism: Tune in tonight to find out what other religions think about the birth of Jesus!" I totally laughed out loud.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll shoot your eye out kid

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker