Monday, December 06, 2004

This past weekend was a good one. I got to throw down and celebrate my thirtieth birthday with some close friends... I got to watch Florida pull a coup and snatch Urban Meyer from the jaws of Notre Dame. Had Jacksonville won last night it would have been a perfect weekend. Oh well. I am still impressed with the way they played. Going toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the NFL isn't bad. And I still think this team is a good year away from really being an elite team. Hell, if we could mix in a pass rush now and then we would be almost there.

Other than that all I have to say is MITSUBISHI BLOWS. I am in the market for a new car and I have had my eyes on the Subaru WRX (or STi) but I thought I would give the Lancer Evo a shot. I had read a lot of good things about it and decided to take a couple of my boys out to give it a whirl. Nothing too special. I told the guy at the dealership that I was looking for a new car in a few weeks (not six months... a few weeks!) and they told me "we don't let people drive the Evo unless there prepared to buy it". I'm not really sure how much more prepared I could be to buy it but for the next half and hour the guy flapped on about Gucci Watches and living with me in Miami and about how I would be eating M3s for breakfast if all I would do is buy one of their cars for about 6k over invoice. Long story short, I walked off the lot without even test driving the car. I don't run a car dealership but even if someone came in and told me they wanted to spend way less than what we were asking, isn't the test drive supposed to convince them to spend more? It seems to me like the best way to sell a vehicle is to take it out on the road and allow someone to let loose with it. Whatever. Mitsubishi's ship is sinking quickly and I'm not sure Finbarr O'Neill will be able to bail them out when people can't even test drive their cars.

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Dude, Urban Meyer would have bought the car without driving it. You're obviously not a serious buyer. You aren't big-timing until you've dropped $35K on a car you've never driven. Hell, if you were Shaq-tastic you'd spin a wheel and buy whatever car came up and pay twice the invoice. I'm going to go read Ken Jennings's blog now. He has REAL money.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

If I was really Shaq-tastic I would buy a new car everytime I ran out of gas... just sputter up to the dealership. Throw them the keys and be all like "NEXT!" Not being in the top two percent of income earners in the United States sucks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker