Wednesday, January 05, 2005

FEAR ME, BLOG-READERS!

Ahh, after years of reading, my very first blog post. "Long time listener, first time caller" as they say on the radio. A few points:
1) What a game last night. At first I wanted to watch because I thought it would be a close, tight game. Then, I wanted to watch to see if USC could put up 60 on Oklahoma. Disappointing that USC pulled up early, but I suppose there should be some room for sportsmanship at the top. All in all, I should have turned to "Scrubs" early on.
2) I would love to see the shoe-horn that these networks must use to cram their steroid-enhanced sportscasters into their suits. Why is it that every network needs some super-jock to legitimize their street cred?
3) Ashley Simpson. Absolutely hilarious. It seems mean to pile on, but this is what happens when you shovel crap at the American people.

Ashlee Simpson Booed at Orange Bowl Show
Wednesday Jan 05, 2005 1:00pm EST

By Stephen M. Silverman
The New Year doesn't appear to be bringing better luck to Ashlee Simpson, when, in front of some 72,000 people at Florida's Orange Bowl on Tuesday, her voice failed to reach the high notes of her song – and produced a screech instead. Then came the boos. "You make me want to scream," were the inopportune lyrics warbled by Simpson at the pivotal moment that her voice gave out.


I realize this is a completely depoliticized, vapid commentary, but I'll think of something better after reading the papers. Someone, somewhere, is exploiting the weak. And I'll be there to exploit it for my own reputation-enhancement in this blog. :)

UPDATE: Here's the link for the Ashlee Simpson boo-fest:
http://www.lipsync.us/download.php?f=(www.lipsync.us)-Ashlee-Simpson-Booed-Off-Stage.wmv

1 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Ashlee Simpsons sucks. I just recently saw a clip of her SNL performance (or lack thereof). I think the best thing about it was her akward reaction afterward... the little dance... walking offstage. You can just hear the thoughts running through her head "What do I do now?" "I'll just walk off stage while my band members laugh"
She doesn't even have the boobs her sister does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker