Thursday, January 13, 2005

Olive Garden has this ad campaign where the slogan is "When You're Here You're Family". I don't know about you, but when I am done with dinner, my family doesn't drop off a bill.

My wife and I watched Jersey Girl last night. From what I can remember the movie got pretty much blasted by the critics, but I thought it was good. Kevin Smith is an awesome film maker and can turn even the most sappy of premises into a good movie.

I think that Comcast's commercials about cable theft are sadly pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of cable theft, but showing kids on swings in parks and saying that cable theft robs children of all the fun that they will ever have in their life is going a little overboard.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Cable theft ads are hilarious..."If you don't turn yourself in, we'll bust you!" If you can bust me, why are you giving me a second chance? The only reason people steal cable is because cable companies have no way to know you're doing it. My old roommate from college can just open the box and do it. Good luck proving some cable guy didn't take a bribe to do it. I think the best thing to do if you want to steal cable is not just steal it, but sneak into all your neighbors' boxes and give them HBO too. Not only do they get free stuff, but you get an alibi - everyone denies they had anything to do with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker