Friday, January 14, 2005

Pootie-Poot

And all this time I thought the idea that President Bush calls President Putin of Russia "Pootie-Poot" was a joke - apparently it's the real deal.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/14/senator.name.ap/index.html
I actually think having a president give everyone nicknames is kind of cool - but he should really try not to give people names that sound like he's making fun of them. Apparently he called Sen. Nelson "Nellie". Does it take a genius to know that men don't like to be called "Nellie"? Does Georgia-Porgie really think that a former KGB agent with his finger on the nuclear button really wants to be called "Pootie-Poot"?

Update [12:20pm]: Okay, clearly there is a male rapper who likes the name Nellie. I am an idiot.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Pootie-Poot? Kind of sounds a little disrespectful to me. I used to know this guy my freshman year of college that would try to give people nicknames. We really never knew how he came up with them, but it was pretty funny because he was the only one that ever used them. We used to laugh at him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker