Monday, January 24, 2005

Thoughts on this weekends conference championship games

I'd like to remind the residents of Philadelphia that you booed when the Eagles chose Donovan McNabb over Ricky Williams. I wonder if Ricky was watching in his hut in the desert or whever he is.

I'd also like to remind all the sports writers all over America who are annointing the Patriots not only the next Super Bowl champions but the greatest team ever that upsets happen ALL THE TIME. Don't get me wrong, I think the Patriots are an amazing team, an incredibly well coached team, but they have to win the Super Bowl, that is why they play the game. Let's not forget, that nobody thought the Rams would have lost Super Bowl 36 against the Patriots. That Rams team started off the year around 13 and 0 and beat every team they played by something around 30 points. Remember "the greatest team on Turf?"

I think this may be one of the best "on paper" Super Bowls that I can remember. I personally think that Philly may come away with this one.

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

I agree - this Super Bowl is going to rock! I'm pulling for the Patriots though. Philly still owes me for some serious stomach flu I got after some bad cheesesteaks.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

That's right. I forgot about that. I imagine you'd feel the same if Miami went to the Super Bowl. I like the Pats because they seem to be a good "team" and not a collection of superstars. Belichick is an awesome coach.

Look at all the sportswriters though. They aren't even giving Philly a chance. Philly only really lost one game this season (they sat out everyone the last two), Andy Reid is just an awesome coach, and they also I think have just as well rounded a team as the Patriots.

I read some nonsense about Philly "just being excited to get there" and that they would melt down in a big game. They have played in the last four NFC Championship games. I think that says a lot about that team.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Yeah, it says that they have to play a team as mediocre as this year's Falcons to get to the Super Bowl. :)
Obviously, anyone can win, but my (metaphorical) money's on the Pats.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Hey, you can't blame the Eagles for the division (or conference) that they play in. They say "any given Sunday" for a reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker