Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I was going to comment yesterday on the success of the elections in Iraq but I didn't. Cox and Forkum had a great editorial cartoon showing numerous outstretched fingers with the purple ink on them pointing in defiance at a bloody sword. I thought it said a lot and I was glad to see the elections go well. I will agree with a lot of conservative pundits that say democracy in the middle east makes a lot of these arab nations nervous. So you have the people in Iraq braving violence and death threats to make their voice heard. How does the insurgency respond to this?

By kidnapping an American hostage and holding him at gun point in front of the camera.



Its worked before and seems to rile the American public up. The problem is that their hostage is none other than Special Ops Cody



An action figure manufactured a few years ago. Anyway, I don't know how you all take this, but I'll tell you that it seems to reek of desperation from the insurgency. Apparently the Al Mujahedeen Brigade was going to behead Special Ops Cody... or maybe they were going to stick a firecracker up his ass! Hopefully this violence will trail off and the rebuilding of Iraq can really start to take off.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

I wonder about the guy who made the little "God is Great" banner in the background. It must be about 2 inches by 3 inches. He must have felt ridiculous with his little tiny paint brush! :)

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

I think ridiculous sums it up perfectly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker