Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I'll pass on a little love to... well... at least a former FSU player

I've read a lot lately about how Adrian McPherson could be a "wild-card" in this year's NFL draft. From everything that I have read about this kid he is going to make whatever team drafts him VERY VERY happy. Mainly because whoever drafts him will have passed on two overrated passers in Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith. I read one report that described McPherson's numbers in the AFL as "cartoonish". Which is pretty accurate considering the fact that he threw for almost 60 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions (also chipping in almost 20 rushing touchdowns). I don't think I've been able to put up those kind of numbers playing on the easiest setting on Madden.

I know the kid had some troubles at FSU and could very well turn out to be a headcase, but it sounds like he's busted his ass and is serious about making an impact in the NFL. Considering how valued the quarterback position is it doesn't seem to me to be taking that much of a risk choosing this kid anything lower than the first round and I haven't seen any mock drafts that have him cracking the first round. If I were the 49ers I would be making sure to take a looooooong look at this kid. Otherwise, welcome the second coming of Tim Couch.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

You just like him because he tried to bring down Bobby Bowden. :)
Yeah, McPherson was pretty good, although I think he's probably a headcase. But, given he's like the one example I can think of of FSU dropping a good player (I guess Randy Moss, too) I wouldn't mind all the announcers making us look good when they introduce him.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

It sounds like he's a little better off than Moss (and maybe just as talented). Especially if he is a lower round pick it should make some team very happy. But yeah... I do like any negative reflection on FSU. I don't think any player did as much harm as Janikowski... and he was a kicker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker