Friday, April 15, 2005

Pontiac GTO

Alas, here is the Pontiac GTO that they ARE putting out. I have to say that I actually thought the Solstice was pretty cool looking. I don't know much about it, but I wouldn't mind driving a car that looks like that, even if it IS a Pontiac. I think they should bring back the Firebird or Trans Am, but make it really retro like the Mustang (which is totally awesome looking). That way Pontiac could once again have a definitive feel to it (the Solstice, although cool, looks like many other roadsters).
As for the Apprentice, the whole thing was kind of sad in my opinion. I totally thought the guys were going to win simply because they would have a more intuitive feel for the car but boy were they idiots. I can't believe that Trump didn't comment on the fact that they put a model on the hood like it was the cover of Hot Rodder Magazine. I'd cry too if I sucked as bad as they did. They were put to shame by a team of, essentially, one person.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

True True. Now a retro Firebird or Trans Am would kick much ass... a retro GTO would kick ass (I was just kidding about the whole no redesign thing... sort of). Seriously, you and I could have sat down and made a better looking body style than the "new" GTO.

Even the G6 is not a bad concept, it just makes me think that some poor souless slob is looking through the Honda Accord and Lexus GS brochures and thinking "how close can I get to this without getting sued".

Anyway, it's not that I thought the Solstice was that bad, it is just that it is pretty generic looking and these clowns were jerking off over it. In the end it doesn't matter. I read that the G6 is selling horribly and GM is about to put Pontiac out of it's misery. You can kiss Buick goodbye too. Not even Tiger Woods can save that sinking ship.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Yeah, now they are even talking about putting a "GM" logo next to Chevy, et al. because they want to create an overarching brand image. It sounds like they are moving towards a smaller lineup with a more heavy-handed GM branding.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

They can downsize all they want, but as long as they're still making Corvettes the name Cheverolet will be around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker