Wednesday, April 06, 2005

So I know I haven't posted in a while

I'll get to a couple of things.

From CNNSI's front page... Suns rout Lakers out of playoff contention

Am I the only one that saw this coming? I'm being serious. I challenge you to go back eight to ten months and find a sports writer that said it was an absolutely moronic idea to ship Shaq and Phil off to appease Kobe. If I were Jerry Buss, I would have done the exact opposite. "Kobe, it was nice knowing you don't let the door hit you on the way out". What do you have now? A coach who couldn't last a season, a team that is about 15 games below five hundred and out of the playoffs for the first time in 11 years and a future that is no brighter now than at the start of the season. I have always been a big Lakers fan and a big Shaq fan... so... now I'm a big Heat fan and a big Shaq fan.

NEXTLY....

I was listening to Air America Radio a little yesterday and a host I usually like had Jane Fonda on his show. I didn't hear the interview, but I heard the calls afterward and I have to say I was pretty disgusted. So many people were calling in and calling her a "patriot through and through" and "a true American". It was insane. I couldn't believe it. Are you kidding me?! Jane Fonda is NOT a patriot. She's someone who was photographed on top of an anti-aircraft gun used to KILL Americans. That is not disagreeing with the war... that is siding with the enemy. Say what you want about Farenheit 9/11 and Michael Moore, but at least he didn't saddle up next to Osama Bin Laden and flash the peace symbol... at least I don't think... I won't see the movie.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

I agree - while I think Jane Fonda gets roasted too much (she has, after all, apologized for all that stuff years ago) I wouldn't go so far as to call her a patriot. In fact, I doubt she would want to be called that - what's so great about being a patriot? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker