Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thoughts on stripping and Air America

Hello all! I thought I'd write a normal post for once, and by that I mean one that isn't simply a hyperlink and a commentary. It seems like I haven't had time for this lately with work being so busy, but one of my students just told me that she's a pole dancer on the side so I'm having trouble focussing.
Anyway, you must think that I own stock in Air America with the amount of plugs that I give it, but I have to put in print another one. While it has been well documented that Randi Rhodes sucks, I continue to be impressed by the improvement in other programs, especially the Al Franken Show. I first tuned in to Al Franken right after the show came on the air and I remember being bored and saddened that the show was so similar to Rush Limbaugh's. Since then, Al has really improved and the format of the show has changed. Lately, he's been doing shows from the road, appearing at different universities (today he was at the College of Charleston) and doing live shows. The audience lends a really authentic feel to the show, with their laughter reminiscent of Prairie Home Companion (which to be honest I don't find very funny, but I am drawn to the atmosphere and idea of the show). The other day there was a skit with Tina Fey on it, and today Al had on a very funny man who ran against Lindsey Graham. The show is light-hearted and funny, and has really differentiated itself from Rush and his clones.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Wow... a pole dancer! That is awesome. Field Trip!

So I'm not sure what the rest of your post said after that. I had trouble focusing as well, but anyway, I too have been somewhat impressed with the Al Franken Show. He could do without the Oy Oy Oy part of his show. However, I really enjoy the Ed Schultz Show

http://www.bigeddieradio.com/

He's very liberal but doesn't rely on shtick to get his point across.

I think that Air America would be a lot better if they dumped Marc Maron and Randi Rhodes. They're just too outrageous and not very funny. I don't listen to Jeanine Garafolo's (Sp?) show, but I was not impressed the few times I heard bits and pieces of it. Springer's show is good, but the segment that I heard from him was talking about the decline of standards on television... I'm not making this up.

Anyway, my review of liberal Air America talk radio... someday I'll tackle conservative talk radio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker