Monday, May 16, 2005

George Lucas is a whore

Continuing along with my Star Wars theme here... like I said earlier I am VERY much looking forward to the release of the next movie. If for nothing else than to have a brief respite from the mega-advertising campaign that Lucas and company have going on. Just off the top of my head (and in order of strangeness)... M&M's... Target... Burger King... 7-11... some cellphone company (in the form of Wookie ringtones). Maybe George Lucas knows that since this is his last Star Wars he hase to rake in the endorsements now.

Hell... I'm not the first one to notice this. I know that companies throw a truckload of money at these producers but really... how intimidating can Darth Vader be when he's hanging out with those two walking red and yellow beach balls in the M&Ms commercial?

Having said all that, I am still looking forward to the movie. I watched the Phantom Menace this weekend on TV and I know that movie took some slack from critics, but that movie is awesome if for nothing else than the final light-saber fight with Darth Maul... epic.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Yeah, I've seen worse movies. I liked the Clone Wars, once you get past Hayden Christensen's acting. He's really good in other movies, I think he just choked up in a role laden with such history. I can't say I blame him. He was pretty good in the scene when his mom dies. The best Star Wars commentary ever:

Simpsons Cosmic Wars Pt 1
(3 mins 30 secs, 320x240, mpg, 13.5mb)
http://download.theforce.net/simpsons/simpsons_cosmicwars_clip1.mpg

Simpsons Cosmic Wars Pt 2
(1 min 17 secs, 320x240, mpg, 4.94mb)
http://download.theforce.net/simpsons/simpsons_cosmicwars_clip2.mpg

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

They just had that episode on a couple of days... The Simpsons has kind of ceased being funny in the last few years, but every once in while they are able to hit that home run again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker