Thursday, May 26, 2005

I can't believe Ken Jennings lost on Jeopardy last night. For those that don't follow Jeopardy, Ken Jennings is the contestant who came in last summer and fall and absolutely annihilated every Jeopardy record known to man. If I'm not mistaken the previous record was something along the lines of 7 straight appearances and 180K in winnings. Ken Jennings was on for 75 days and won a total of 2.5 million dollars. It was sick watching him not just because he won but he absolutely decimated opponents after his 30th appearance Trebek remarked that of his 30 appearances 24 of them were mathematically over by final Jeopardy. Most of his 75 appearances seemed to be over by final Jeopardy. Not bad. And somehow through all of this Ken Jennings appeared to be a very likeable humble guy.

If I were Ken Jennings I would wear a necklace that said "I'm smarter AND richer than you". Anyway, Jeopardy rounded up 150 of their previous champions and pitted them in a round robin style tournament for a three day shot at Ken. I couldn't believe it but Ken ended up being beaten. I found myself really rooting for him as well. Not to worry though, Ken has his own game show in the works.

4 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

I'll tell you, I watched a little of this. And I wonder if he was screwed by his bye into the finals. Everyone else had honed their skills against the best, but Ken just walked it completely flat footed.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Agreed. Did you watch the first episode? He absolutely flew out of the gates. I think he had around 4500, the others were 800 and negative money if I'm not mistaken and then he seemed to fade through the other three days.

You could tell he was pissed though. At the end of the second day he had a chance to tie it up at the last question and when he didn't ring in on time he slammed down his buzzer.

Awesome

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Where are his Mormon powers now! Seriously, this is just more evidence that Mormonism is a cult. Jesus would never have let Ken Jennings lose if Mormonism was correct.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Jesus should have smote the other contestants. Or Ken should have gone all dark side jedi and sent blue electricity flying through them.

GOD I AM SUCH A STAR WARS DORK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker