Tuesday, May 03, 2005

If you're from Jacksonville you'll have an opinion on this

The Reverand Vines is retiring. I wonder how long the lighthouse will stay dark? I've been to the First Baptist Church of Jacksonville a couple of times. One of the times I went, they had a film on drinking and driving and something happened and like all the kids got killed cause they were driving drunk but the main message was that you should be saved cause some of the kids went to Hell not for driving drunk but for not being saved, but then again that was a really long time ago so maybe I'm not remembering things correctly.

Considering that Jesus told us to turn the other cheek... I doubt he'd approve of calling Muhammad a "demon-possessed pedophile". I could be wrong... but I don't think I am.

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Did Vines say that about Mohammad? I have some students here at GSU who have interesting ideas about Islam, you know they heard them from their preachers instead of history or religion professors...

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

And that is why we need to MAKE SURE there is an academic bill of rights. Indoctrinating them with tolerance! Tsk tsk tsk. Next thing you know you'll be telling them that Gay is all right. At least when it's not two girls making out.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Hey, that's why we have a whole other name for it. Lesbianism is NOT mentioned in the bible, sodomy, is. Go to it, ladies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker