Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Cingular Sucks!

Cingular and UPS have to be the worst companies in the history of business. It is astounding to me how these two entities haven't already imploded into their own atrocious practices.

UPS could take the cake for shitty day to day operations in that I can't remember a single delivery where UPS hasn't screwed something up. Like when I knew that a delivery for me was going to be dropped to the wrong address (or more specifically that "The University Of Florida, Gainesville, Florida may be a little too vague for a shipment) and UPS told me there had to be a delivery attempt before I could change the delivery address. Or like leaving me a first delivery notice only to find out that they sent the package back to the sender immediately after that. Or like when I came into their delivery center to pick up a package... armed with both the delivery slip (with my name on it) and a driver's license... also with my name on it (albeit with a different address). It took a manager to finally release my package to me because the address on my license didn't match up with the address for the delivery.

So what can Brown do for me? Brown can try not being a colossal fuck up!

As for Cingular, they may not match UPS on sheer volume of piss poor service, but they sure do make up for it in quality. Have you tried changing the amount of minutes you want to use per month? Don't... it won't go into effect for three or four billing cycles... and maybe, just possibly... I'm not sure... I may have signed up for another two year duty with them... I just don't know.

I had a ridiculously large bill from Cingular that I thought naively that they may be able to make disappear entirely. I actually got so far as having a quarter of it comped until I spoke with another Cingular rep (supposedly a manager) who decided to get all vindictive with me... so he rescinded the offer not but 15 after it was given to me.

I logged onto Cingular's website because I wanted to change some of my personal information (address etc...) as I am going to be moving soon. I started updating everything I could until I happened to notice a couple of pre-checked boxes. The boxes were confirming that "Yes, I'd like Cingular and other third-parties to send me promotions via text-messaging, regular mail, phone messaging, and email". They must assume that every time you update something in your profile you forgot that you'd like these boxes checked. So I unchecked the four boxes and proceeded. After hitting update I reviewed the summary only to find out that... Cingular decided it was better for me to get spam advertisements from them and from other third parties... so they went ahead and rechecked the boxes for me.

Nice going Cingular... if it weren't for the fact that I'm shackled to your miserable company for 7 more years I'd tell you to go Fuck Off and chuck your piece of shit phone into the nearest river. Ce La Vie!

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Brown = poop. hehehe!

Alltime worst company: U-Haul. Those fuckers ruined my last move. Entirely. And cost me money.

Second worst company: all cell phone companies. Your cingular story is moving, but exactly like every cell phone story ever told. They all suck royal ass, and they always will. Thanks to 'contracts'.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Holy Shit! How could I forget U-Haul?! That is another company that is surprising to still see around. The last time I rented a U-Haul truck it kept having trouble starting... it finally broke down for good in the parking lot of where I was moving.

I apologize a thousand lifetimes for the oversite... U-Haul sucks much ass as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker