Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Dick's Sporting Goods missed a major opportunity

I am a marketing genius. I know this because as I was watching TV the other day (not the only thing that I do) I saw a commercial for Dick's Sporting Goods. The commercial involved approximately five high school girls talking about the individual sports they play... "I'm a forward for Eagles Soccer" "I am a striker for Rams volleyball"... or something like that. Anyway, near the end of the commercial is a montage of all these high school girls saying "I need more power" "I need more speed" "I need more hops" etc, etc. After that there is the logo for Dick's and some anonymous announcer telling us all the great things we can buy at Dick's. So me, being my typical marketing genius self thought that it would be a really AWESOME idea if after all these high school girls told us that they "need more power", "they need more speed", "they need more traction" they should tell us that "I need more Dick's", "I need more Dick's", "I need more Dick's". I should go to work immediately for the firm that handles Abercrombie and Fitch's marketing.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Don't worry about it! We can still use your marketing idea for my new sporting goods store, "Huge Throbbing Wangs In Between My Supple Teenaged Legs Right Where My Newfound Hair Grows"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker