Tuesday, October 25, 2005

NBA Dress Code

I've been hearing a lot lately about the new dress code that the NBA has instituted for this upcoming year. The NBA is now requiring players to wear "bussiness casual" during league functions, before, and after games. Say what you want about the new policy, but please spare me and don't tell me that it is racist. I've heard that statement one too many times. The dress codes no more targets young black males than... well... any other rule in the NBA considering that the league is probably eighty percent young black males. So by that logic, rules such as, say, allowing zone defenses also target young black males. The new dress code has nothing to do with race and everything to do with David Stern's last ditch efforts to save the image of his league.

What really kills me is the idea that the players are "grown men" so they should be able to wear what they want. Well, I'm a grown male and I can't wear throw-back jerseys or "do-rags" to work. Anyway, having said all that, I actually disagree with the policy. If you want to clean up the leagues image then throw out the thugs. The phrase "you can't polish a turd" comes to mind when I think about Rasheed Wallace or Kobe Bryant wearing a suit to the games.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

You can't polish a turd, but you can eat one between two pieces of rye. And you can quote me on THAT!
BOO-yakasha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker