Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm dead serious about this

Wayne Weaver should be on the horn right this minute with Drew Rosenhaus working out a deal for Terrel Owens to join the Jags. You're laughing at me, I know, but I'm dead serious about this. I've always said Terrel Owens is an asshole, but trust me. If you can get some sort of incentive laden deal... and let's be honest with ourselves, homeboy's stock has dropped drastically from a year and a half ago when he joined the Iggles. So you get an incentive laden deal in place. Tell him not to speak with anyone. Not coaches, not players, not the media. And you watch him pile up the yards and TDs and you watch him turn Byron Leftwich into Payton Manning. As big of a mouth as the kid has on him, he has yet to get in trouble with the law and that seems to be indicitave of your biggest trouble makers.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Hmmm...Intriguing. Definitely a tiny salary and lots of incentives. Otherwise, I would say no, but maybe. Wouldn't the Jags have to take the contract he currently has if we traded for him? Maybe he's ready to be grateful for the chance to play, like Keyshawn Johnson seems to be (finally).

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

If he's cut, no we wouldn't have to pick up his salary. I believe if we traded for him, we would have to pick up the remaining contract. I think his worth is only there if Philly cuts him (and you know they don't want to put up with his shit for another year) and if you are able to load down his (very brief) contract.

I think that when TO was traded originally from the 49ers to Philly (via Baltimore) there wasn't as clear of an idea to his type of character. Jacksonville has the money for a proven player, it's just whether you can work it out to where he won't be a headache.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Having said all that, with the way Wilford is playing, I'm not sure TO would even be necessary.

Viva Ernest Wilford!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker