Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Football thoughts

I think the Jacksonville Jaguars can go ahead and crown themselves the champions of the AFC North since we swept all of them. I think it's only fair... we'll go ahead and take a first round bye and a few home games to go with that. I think the Florida Gators can also go ahead and crown themselves champeens of the SEC and the ACC considering we beat both teams who won those divisions. We'll play in the Orange and Sugar Bowls to go with that.

I do have to take issue with one of the sports writers for CNNSI's page who wrote that "Jacksonville is going to knock a very good team out of the postseason." What the hell exactly does that mean?! Last time I checked Jacksonville had a commanding lead on the first wild-card spot. If you want to look a team that is keeping another good team out of the play-offs try looking at the AFC east. Where the less than steller New England Patriots lead that division with a 6-5 record... SPECTACULAR!

Anyway, I have to admit a certain sense of excitement regarding the possibility of Jacksonville playing in their first postseason in 5 years. It'll suck to be on the road... but come on. It looks like our first play-off game may be at New England. That shouldn't be too much of a test. I mean... they've only won three out of the last four Super Bowls. C'est La Vie!

5 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Sounds like the Gator Nation is trying to compensate for an berth in a bowl named after a chain restaurant. Or is it named after the Subaru? Say what you want about FSU, this was a team that knew when to win. UF can point to some impressive wins, but where was that team for South Carolina?
ACC CHAMPS BABY! WOO-WOO!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Speaking of the Jaguars - perhaps we should have a Blog field trip to the Colts game this weekend? What say you?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

That is the thought that leaves me drooling thinking about a play-off for college football. Quite clearly there were some teams playing on Championship day that were not quite ready for prime time (Colorado being the prime example). I mean seriously... who here thinks that West Virginia deserves their spot in the BCS?

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

I used to be against the playoff system, but now I am totally in favor of it. To be honest, it makes I-AA football feel very pure. I've switched sides - away with the BCS! Up with playoffs!

P.S. I also think we should do away with athletic scholarships and require athletes to meet all the same academic entrace requirements of other students. I have a basketball player in my class that hasn't scored above a 35 all semester on a test. I have trouble blaming him because the school put him in this situation, just because he's an awesome basketball player. Tragic.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

You're not a real GSU fan unless you pass him, no questions asked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker