Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Football thoughts

Nice melt down Indianapolis. I'm guessing that from here until the end of his career that regardless of his team's record, Tony Dungy will NOT be resting starters for the last three weeks of the season. I can't believe that not but four-five-ish weeks ago people were talking about the Colts as one of the best teams in NFL history. They won exactly as many play-off games this year as the Jags did.

I read an article today that stated that the best team did not win the Saturday game between the Broncos and the Patriots. I really can't stand that statement. It's the same concept as people talking about the Chargers this year and what a great team they were. If the Chargers had been such a great team they would have made the play-offs and if the Patriots were the better team, they would have beaten the Broncos. I'm not clear on what is so difficult about that concept.

It should be a good match up next weekend between the Steelers and the Broncos. My money's on the Broncos, but I'd love to see the Bus drive off into the sunset with the Lombardi trophy.

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

Well, I think the Colts were probably one of the best teams in NFL history - but they were sagging when the Steelers were surging, and as they say - any given Sunday. It's what makes the NFL so great.

I was going to pull for the Broncos this weekend but I kind of like your Jerome Bettis idea. Also, if the Super Bowl is Steelers-Seahawks, they're both Jaguars also-rans. :)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

Fucking A Right... We'll call it the Battle for the King of the Sucks instead of the Super Bowl and at the end, Jack Del Rio will piss on each and everyone one of the winning teams players... over a course of several hours of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker