Friday, January 13, 2006

In case you haven't heard, the Green Bay Packers have hired Mike McCarthy as their next head coach. The firing of Mike Sherman made little sense to me, and the hiring of McCarthy makes even less. Maybe they know something I don't, but it seems a little ridiculous to me to fire someone who had five straight winning seasons, who led the Packers to three straight NFC North titles and replace him with someone who oversaw the second worst offense in the NFL last year. I understand the connection between McCarthy and Favre, but come on...



I've said it before and I'll say it again, Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game, but this seems to me like a horribly desperate and transparent measure to coax one or two more years out of a guy who really has nothing left to accomplish and who has been considering retirement for at least three years now. Wouldn't it be easier just to say that they are rebuilding and hold onto a coach who was quite clearly successful, relatively young and take your bruises while you're acquiring new young talent? I guess that's why I'm not a GM in the NFL.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

SCHLUP SCHLUP SCHLUP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker