Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thoughts on this weekend

I don't think this weekend showed us a whole lot in regards to college football... well at least beyond the fact that Cal didn't even remotely belong in the top ten. Florida looked okay. They seemed like they had too much trouble moving the ball in the first half. People keep telling me that Southern Miss is actually a pretty good team with a really good defense. I guess I just miss the good old days when you could count on Florida hangning up fifty points on the whipping boys that we would bring in for the first couple of games. Oh well, no sense living in the past.

Florida State-Miami was a mess. It looked like two awesome college defenses going up against two high school offenses, or I-AA offenses (sorry Colorado). In case you didn't read the wrap up, there was three total yards rushing... between both teams. That's spectacular. For the love of God, Bobby Bowden... if you value your legacy, please fire whichever of your sons is calling your offense and bring in a new coordinator. You can wait till after Florida plays you though.

3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

I pretty much agree with you, except for the part about I-AA teams. I-AA representin'! Montana State, the University of Richmond - it was a good weekend for I-AA!
Georgia Southern opens this weekend against Central Connecticut State. Time to unleash the new spread offense of the Fighting Eagles!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

You run the spread offense?! No way! We run the spread offense.

Anyway, I-AA teams have too many directions in their names. Mid-South East Virginia... blah.
I'll stick with Florida (that pretty much tells you everything you need to know).

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger romeotheBT said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker