Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Departed

Trust me. You will agree with them. It could quite possibly be the best movie I've ever seen.

The wife and I are trying to cram in as many movies as we can before our little one arrives... I think this summer broke a record of some sorts (The Da Vinci Code, Talladega Nights, Miami Vice, X-Men 3, etc...). Anyway, we had a chance to catch either The Departed or Employee of the Month. We chose (or more specifically I chose) The Departed and ended up leaving the theater just astounded. It's one of those really rare movies that is just epic from top to bottom. From the story, to the dialogue, the acting to the music... everything was just incredibly well done.

The music was especially incredible. Try finding another movie that could use songs as varied as the Dropkick Murphys "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" and Van Morrison and Roger Waters "Comfortably Numb". I wouldn't normally take an interest in a movie being recognized, but I hope at Oscar time, The Departed is well heaped with little statues.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Ricardo Grande said...

You liked it for Leo's ass, didn't you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker